How Brands Marketing Their TikTok Accounts
In the world of marketing and advertising, trends come and go, each bringing new opportunities for brands to connect with their target audience. In recent years, one of the most dynamic and influential platforms, becoming a phenomenon among youth and beyond, is TikTok.
Brands aiming to remain relevant and successful cannot ignore the influence of TikTok. However, effective promotion on this platform requires not only an understanding of its peculiarities but also the creation of unique and compelling content capable of winning the hearts and attention of users.
Why TikTok Became Popular Among Brands
Huge Audience: TikTok has attracted over 1 billion active users worldwide, making it one of the largest social networks. This means that brands can reach a massive audience and even build a loyal community in the long term.
Creativity and Engagement: TikTok is renowned for its ability to inspire creativity and stimulate engagement.
Algorithm and Personalization: TikTok employs a powerful recommendation algorithm that analyzes user preferences and behavior to deliver personalized content. This enables brands to reach their specific target audience effectively.
Young Audience: TikTok predominantly attracts young users, precisely the audience many brands aim to reach. This makes it an effective platform for targeting Generation Z and young Millennials.
Demographics of TikTok Users
For a successful SMM (Social Media Marketing) strategy on TikTok, it's essential to understand the demographics of the audience. While the platform appeals to people of all ages, there are several common demographic characteristics:
Age: The majority of TikTok users are aged between 16 and 34, making it particularly appealing to young adults and youth.
Gender: TikTok attracts both men and women, with a relatively balanced gender distribution among its audience.
Geography: TikTok users are spread worldwide, and the platform has global influence. However, some regions may have their unique content themes and trends.
Interests: The TikTok audience is diverse in its interests, ranging from fashion and makeup to sports and education. The platform provides a space for various interest communities and subgroups.
Understanding these demographic characteristics allows brands to fine-tune their marketing strategies and create content that appeals to and satisfies specific segments of the TikTok audience.
Content Strategies on TikTok
Types of Content That Work Best
TikTok provides brands with numerous opportunities for creativity and audience engagement. Here are some of the most effective types of content:
- Hashtag Challenges: Creating your own hashtag challenge that encourages users to perform a specific action and use your hashtag can go viral and gather numerous participants.
- Trending Memes and Challenges: Keep an eye on current trends and memes on TikTok and incorporate them into your content. This helps your brand stay relevant and connect with ongoing conversations.
- Educational and Expert Videos: Share useful tips, instructions, or product information in the form of short and engaging educational videos. This helps strengthen your brand's authority.
- Behind-the-Scenes Content: Show what goes on behind the scenes of your brand. Showcase product creation processes, employee work, or success stories.
Posting Frequency and Schedule
The posting frequency on TikTok is important for maintaining audience interest.
- Consistency: Strive to post content regularly. This helps retain your followers and maintain activity on your account.
- Schedule Testing: Experiment with different times and days of the week for posting and track when your audience is most active. This helps determine the optimal time for content publication.
- Situational Content: Depending on your industry and marketing goals, create content related to events and holidays, which can increase your chances of engaging the audience.
Audience interaction on TikTok plays a crucial role in building loyalty and strengthening your brand. Here are some ways to interact:
- Respond to Comments: Be active in the comments on your videos. Answer questions, express gratitude for feedback, and engage with users.
- Duets and Collaborations: Foster collaboration with other popular creators by creating duets or joint videos. This helps expand your audience.
- Giveaways and Contests: Organize contests and giveaways to stimulate user engagement and activity.
Creating engaging and interactive content on TikTok will help your brand maintain an active community and grow in popularity on the platform. The key is a creative approach.
Utilizing TikTok Tools and Features
TikTok Ads and Advertising Opportunities
TikTok offers various advertising opportunities for brands, allowing them to reach a wide audience:
- In-Feed Ads: These advertising videos appear in the user's feed, similar to organic content. Brands can use them to showcase products or services.
- Branded Hashtag Challenges: Collaborate with TikTok to create a hashtag challenge related to your brand. Users participate in the challenge by creating their own content using your hashtag.
- Branded Effects: Create custom effects and filters for videos that users can use when creating their own content, making your brand more recognizable.
- TopView Ads: These videos appear at the top of the TikTok feed throughout the day, providing high visibility.
Example: McDonald's launched the #BigMacTikTok campaign and encouraged users to create videos expressing their love for the Big Mac. The campaign was highly successful and attracted numerous participants.
Partnering with Bloggers
Partnering with popular TikTok bloggers is becoming an increasingly popular way for brands to expand their audience. Bloggers already have a large subscriber base, and their recommendations can be very influential. Brands can:
- Sponsor Content: Pay bloggers to create videos where they promote the brand's products or services.
- Participate in Challenges: Invite bloggers to participate in hashtag challenges or collaborate on content.
- Product Reviews: Ask bloggers to review your product, showcasing its advantages.
TikTok Analytics for Tracking Statistics
TikTok provides analytics tools to help brands track the effectiveness of their campaigns. These tools include:
- Account Statistics Overview: View the number of followers, likes, comments, and views for each video.
- Hashtag Analysis: Evaluate the effectiveness of hashtag usage and its impact on audience reach.
- Understanding the Target Audience: Understand the demographics and interests of your audience.
- Campaign Reports: Assess the results of advertising campaigns, including metrics such as CTR and conversions.
We also recommend using third-party services for more detailed TikTok analytics. For example, Popsters allows you to view statistics for any account and compare metrics. Brands using Popsters:
Examples of Unusual Brand Accounts on TikTok
TikTok is an arena where company marketers compete for audience attention. The most creative and standout brands survive and receive applause.
KFC Portugal: This brand has experimented and stands out on TikTok with its unconventional and humorous approach. While this approach may seem strange at times, it works well for attracting user attention.
Duolingo: The popular language learning service has created an unusual and, some might say, "strange" TikTok account. Their strategy revolves around humor and aggressive marketing, which has grabbed users' attention, turning Duolingo's owl into a meme.
Football Teams: Football teams on TikTok showcase exceptional creativity, create memes, and engage in playful banter. Despite the apparent simplicity of just sharing goal highlights and live content with famous footballers, they go the extra mile.
Chipotle Mexican Grill: The company launched the #GuacDance challenge, encouraging users to show off their "guacamole dance." This video went viral and attracted a huge number of participants.
Gymshark: Gymshark creates diverse fitness content on TikTok, including workouts, jokes, exercise demonstrations, and challenges for sports enthusiasts.
In conclusion, it's worth emphasizing that TikTok is a platform that primarily values and encourages a creative approach. Brands successfully managing their TikTok accounts have realized that to capture attention and engage the audience, they need to stand out in the vast sea of content.
Thanks to TikTok, companies have become more open and friendly. They use humor and unconventional ideas to create content that makes users laugh, share, and inspires them to participate in challenges, all while promoting their brand.
Try Popsters Trial plan to get content activity statistics of any pages for a next 7 days for freeTry for free