How to Turn on Analytics on TikTok: on Mobile and Desktop
TikTok analytics encompasses a set of tools and data provided by the platform itself, enabling content creators to analyze and measure the performance and results of their videos on TikTok. It proves valuable to content creators in several aspects:
- Understanding the audience;
- Tracking video performance;
- Studying trends and identifying successful strategies;
- Enhancing timing and optimizing postings;
- Monetization and partnerships;
Regular analytics on TikTok provide valuable insights and information that help content creators become better versions of themselves and their competitors. That’s why it’s important to know how to turn on analytics on TikTok.
Who can view TikTok analytics?
On TikTok, access to analytics depends on the type of account you're using. Here is a brief description of the available access levels:
Regular Users: Regular TikTok users have limited access to analytics. They can view the number of views, likes, and comments on their own videos.
Content Creators: TikTok content creators (accounts that create and publish their own content) have more extensive access to analytics. They can review detailed data about their video performance, such as total views, engagements, followers, and demographic information about their audience.
Brands and Organizations: Brands and organizations registered on TikTok have access to even more advanced analytics features. They can obtain additional data about their posts, audience, and the effectiveness of their advertising campaigns.
TikTok Partners and Advertising Agencies: TikTok partners and advertising agencies have access to enhanced analytical tools that help them track the effectiveness of their ad campaigns and analyze data to optimize content and achieve advertisers' goals.
Please note that the levels of access to analytics may change over time as TikTok updates its features and capabilities for different types of accounts.
How to turn on analytics on TikTok (Desktop)?
To access analytics on TikTok, you need to have a creator account. In the profile page of the mobile app, tap on the icon with three horizontal dots (or settings) located in the top right corner of the screen. In the settings menu, scroll down and find the "Account" section. Within the "Account" section, you should see the option "Switch to TikTok Pro." Tap on it and select the most relevant category that best aligns with your role or content type.
If you don't see the option to "Switch to TikTok Pro," it may not be available in your region or for your account type. Ensure that you have the latest version of the TikTok app installed.
You can use the web version of TikTok on your PC to view some basic statistical data about your account, such as the number of followers, likes, and comments on your videos. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open a web browser and go to the official TikTok website (www.tiktok.com).
- Sign in to your TikTok account using your credentials.
- After logging in, you will see your video feed and a navigation panel at the top of the screen.
- Click on your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- In the dropdown menu, select the "Profile" tab to navigate to your profile page.
- On your profile page, you will see overall statistics about your account, such as the number of followers, likes, and comments. You can also view your videos and the comments left on them.
How to enable analytics on TikTok (Mobile)
To turn on analytics on TikTok, you will also need to switch to a Pro account.
To access analytics in the TikTok mobile app, follow these steps:
- Open the TikTok mobile app on your iOS or Android device.
- Tap on the profile icon in the bottom right corner of the screen to navigate to your profile page.
- On your profile page, locate and tap on the icon with three dots in the top right corner of the screen. On Android, this may appear as three vertical dots.
- In the menu that appears, select "Analytics."
After selecting "Analytics," you will be taken to the analytics page where you can view various data and statistics related to your TikTok account. Here you can check TikTok analytics data which includes information on views, followers, audience engagement, and other metrics that can help you analyze the performance of your content and better understand your audience.
Read more about metrics in our article TikTok analytics.
A way to expand your analytics capabilities. Competitor analysis
Even after you know how to turn on analytics on TikTok, there is a way with more possibilities. The best way to expand your capabilities is by using third-party services: In addition to the built-in analytics on TikTok, you can utilize services that provide more detailed and comprehensive analytical data about your account and competitors.
Reviewing the analytics and statistics of competitive accounts helps you gain insights into which videos and content strategies are successful in your niche. You can learn about popular trends, filming styles, audience engagement, and other key indicators of success.
We recommend using the Popsters tool. It offers a convenient and informative analytics tool for TikTok that will help you better understand your audience, analyze competitors, and optimize your content.
The tool offers the following features:
- Account Analytics: Popsters allows you to view key metrics of your account, such as followers, views, likes, comments, etc. You will be able to see the growth dynamics of your account and understand how your content influences these indicators. You can also compare these metrics and identify successful trends and content formats.
- Competitor Analytics: With Popsters, you can study the analytics of TikTok competitor accounts. You can compare your metrics with those of competitors, analyze their content strategies, and get ideas for improving your own content.
- Visual Reports: Popsters provides visually appealing reports that help you better visualize and understand your analytical data. You can create reports for different time periods and compare results. Report exports in three different formats are also available.
Using analytics services and analyzing competitors will help you make more informed decisions in your TikTok content strategy and achieve greater success on the platform.
Try Popsters Trial plan to get content activity statistics of any pages for a next 7 days for freeTry for free