How to Create Quality Content for a Blog or Social Media
What is quality content and what do you need it for?
Why would you create nice articles and posts, strive and spend your precious time? The results are often not immediate but that is the point.
Create quality content
Reading a good article or watching a well edited video cause positive emotions in the user, making them more loyal. Readers will share good materials with friends, attracting new audience’s attention. This is how regularly released vines by The Home Depot gain enormous numbers of likes and shares – owing to original presentation of helpful tips
An informative article or useful selection of tools work in a long term, that is users come back to refresh the info and it often happens that year-old quality articles still enjoy demand.
A good example of such material would be the Netology’s two-year-old article for internet marketers. The material contains a selection of useful tools for working with VK.com and is still popular after two years.
Good and quality content will raise your site up in search results. Google has already learned how to distinguish sites with quality and unique materials by using deep learning capabilities – special computer systems trained in analyzing information in a way similar to that by humans. Good readability, competent and structured text, appropriate visual features will help to gain a higher position in search results.
Quality Content and Analysis
To have your content enjoying demand and being useful, you need to know whom you address it to. Many admins make this mistake of being guided by their own taste when creating materials, assuming the audience would also like it. By itself, it’s not bad at all but there is one catch: that might not meet user’s interests.
You can use Popsters to analyze audience’s interests (for detailed article about that, see https://popsters.com/blog/post/increase-social-media-activity ).
In addition, you can attract attention and fuel interest in a material involving topical subjects that are widely discussed at the moment. Twitter’s built-in functionality may be a convenient tool to understand topical subjects:
Besides subjects that a topical for the entire audience, you may use what’s topical for the company. Here’s an example of successful post by IKEA: publication of a post in the community with a quote from the founder of the company Ingvar Kamprad.
Searching for and analyzing quality content on social media using Popsters.
You might find helpful an article on how to quickly find the best content on the internet.
Now, we are approaching another issue: You have dug into different social media and start to wonder where to publish your content? In the Russian segment of the internet we often post on Facebook, VK.com (wiki pages) and Live Journal.
Facebook is distinguished for clever texts. Bloggers on Facebook read a lot, think a lot and write solidly and emotionally. Facebook’s advantages are accurate ads targeting, advanced system for viral content distribution and ready-to-pay audience. The users, however, perceive content more critically and subjectively.
VK if filled with more entertaining content, long-reads receive less users’ attention, it’s better to stay within 500 to 700 characters. VK hardly suites to serious articles but pictures and videos work excellently. You can analyze and compare it yourself using the content analytics tool.
VK has better level of service as compared to Facebook. The ads traffic is cheaper and, in some cases, performs better.
Live Journal is social media with the longest history in Russia. The audience mainly includes mature people aged 25 to 50.
The LJ’s audience is active, likes to read and discuss the subject, paid traffic is cheap. On the whole, LJ is a comprehensive blog platform with ongoing history. However, it lacks ads targeting, has severe competition and the post ranking in the top is quite biased.
How to create quality content
Let’s go back to content. How to create and what to post? If you’re an expert in the subject and it may be useful for the audience, share it. Thus, Whole Foods Market posted and interesting illustrated guide, which is easy to cook.
The list of possible content formats is quite extensive. Think about how you can use this wide choice, considering what you want to tell and what the audience wants to hear. This is very important for creating high-quality content. Information may be presented as:
- Texts (either articles or blog posts);
Finally, when you have your content prepared and are ready to post, look through the criteria to be met by quality content:
- Informative value, one of the main parameters. It is important to avoid excess of useless or unintelligible information. After you’ve finished an article, let it settle for an hour or, better, a day and later look through it with a fresh eye. Judge soberly, would you read it if you were the user? Would you share it with friends on social media?
- Uniqueness is very important for a text. If parts of it are copy-pasted, sentences are rather clichéd and the word flow is meaningless, you can be sure the post will be in the end of search results.
- Ask some questions to yourself. Is the text structured and logical? Can a reader easily follow the author’s narrative? Isn’t the text too long? On the average, the optimum text length is between 2 to 3 thousand characters. The main criterion, though, is not the length of an article but whether it is interesting to read it.
Aren’t there to many specialized terms or words an ordinary person might not know the meaning of?
Nice visualization will help to perceive and remember the information. An example of such visualization is infographics (information design). It is important not to overload infographics with text and to try following a particular structure. Lifehacker contains a lot of quality infographics on various subjects.
Having thoroughly elaborated your community’s content, you shouldn’t relax. Try new ideas regularly and don’t forget to measure their performance, search for and invent new formats and, most importantly, enjoy it.
If you are looking for a job, you can also check social media manager vacancies.
Useful articles on a similar topic:
- How to do a qualitative Social Media competitive analysis;
- Detailed guide about TikTok Ads, Bloggers, and Promotion;
- How to Create Viral Posts: Fast and Easy Ways;
- Ways how to view Twitter stats of any profile.
Try Popsters Trial plan to get content activity statistics of any pages for a next 7 days for freeTry for free
- Analytics and Statistics for Any YouTube Channel
- Analytics and Statistics for Any Telegram Channel or Chat
- Instagram Statistics and Analysis: How to View Data of any Account
- Analytics and statistics of Twitter accounts: how to get stats of any profile
- Engagement Rate: How to Calculate ER for Social Media Properly